As a result of getting older, my L4 vertebra shifts around. Also, a nice big cyst has grown in/on my L3 vertebra. There is a chance the infusion will allow the back to heal over the next few weeks. If not, another infusion will be tried, also attempting to drain the cyst (not a high probability of success). If both infusions do not produce the desired results, surgery will be scheduled to remove the cyst and "bolt" the lower vertebrae (L3, L4, L5?) together and after a period of recovery, I'll be in great shape.
Now, regarding the SCOTUS rulings and despair by the family of God—
- We are ambassadors for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20) who communicate His message ("be reconciled to God") to the world.
- Reconciliation to God can only occur through Jesus (John 14:6) who died on the cross that our sins might be forgiven (Romans 6:10).
- Jesus commissioned us make disciples (followers/students) of Himself wherever people are (Matthew 28:18-20).
- Though many "Christians" don't get it, our lives are already forfeited for the cause of Christ (Romans 6:3; Galatians 2:20).
- Dead things feel no pain (It only hurts roadkill the first time it's squished).
- God doesn't change (Hebrews 13:8) so His Truth remains unchanged.
- The judgements/decisions/actions of man do not alter our God-given mission/purpose.
- We should continue in obedience to God (or, for some, get started).